5/21/16

Funny Poll Turns Into Ultimate Pinoy Food Wars

Sinigang vs. Adobo

On May 17, 2016, the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) posted a photo on its Facebook page pitting two popular Filipino foods against each other, namely the traditional soup dish sinigang and the easy-to-prepare meal adobo. But, what is supposed to be a funny poll between two dishes that allows social media to know what is the Philippines' national dish has become the ultimate Filipino food wars that has become viral among netizens.

And there is no doubt that many Filipino netizens were a bit ecstatic about which dish deserves to be our country's pride. Sinigang is usually a dish that has been handed down for generations, while adobo is just a mix of either pork or chicken and condiments that cater to their own. But, funny or not, this was just a culture poll and not a real one that the government should decide. If I were you, I would create a short animated movie about it.

Nevertheless, this is one article that you should never bother because this is just what I think about what is happening in our local culture. And besides, whatever is viral stays viral. Anyway, I have no doubts that adobo is my favorite dish and I want to try it on my own. But, I don't know if I consider this as our national dish. Well, you decide and next week, I'm gonna have my own poll to see if you are gunning for either #TeamSinigang or #TeamAdobo. So, watch out for it, OK?

No comments:

Post a Comment