7/15/16

The Trubist's Take on Pokemon Go

Pokemon Go

There is no stopping Pokemon Go from giving birth to legions of virtual monster hunters roaming around the streets and within various and popular establishments with their smartphone for cute pocket monsters as the highly popular augmented reality mobile game based on the phenomenal Nintendo franchise has reached several countries in Europe following its successful launch in the United States and Australia.

With more than 10 million downloads, Pokemon Go is now joining the ranks of popular mobile games like Minecraft, Angry Birds, Flappy Bird and even Plants vs. Zombies, In fact, even Miss Universe Pia Wurtzback is getting in to the craze. Just look at her social media accounts and you'll find out what I mean. Heck, even the mayor of Rio de Janeiro want Pokemon Go to become available in Brazil in time for next month's global summer spectacle, the 2016 Rio Olympics.

But, for Filipinos who can't wait for the game to become available in our local shores, it seems that we can wait for that wish to come true sooner than later. Although business analysts have predicted that the game is set to be launched in Asian countries soon, it is not certain when is it going to become legitimately available. However, in my case, the long wait for Pokemon Go in the Philippines did not sadden me as I am not interested in playing this popular Pokemon-catching mobile game.

Why? Well, there are three reasons why I said so. The most important reason would be the fact that your smartphone needs internet connectivity to get access to the game, and that really sucks for me when it comes to downloading free but worthy mobile games like Plants vs. Zombies and various SNK Playmore mobile games. Second, playing too much of Pokemon Go can lead anyone into disaster so it is better to be cautious and walk outside without fear rather than to die trying to catch Pikachu. And finally, I would prefer playing Pokemon Fire Red on my smartphone using a GBA emulator than downloading and installing an augmented reality mobile game just for fun.

I will clarify that I welcome the release of Pokemon Go if ever it becomes available in our local shores. Hence, it is just that I am not sure if I am going to play mobile games that are available in mobile app stores. In fact, I am contented with being a mobile retro gamer and I consider the Game Boy Advance is the perfect system suitable for playing my own beacon of role-playing games on my own smartphone. Anyway, if you want more of Pokemon Go, then watch this video to keep you inspired while waiting for the game to enter Philippine territory.


No comments:

Post a Comment